Monday, November 4, 2013

Bats, Spiders and Snakes... HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!



Hey everyone! Well, this week was HALLOWEEN!!! It was another busy week here in Brazil and yes, I really did run into bats, spiders and snakes! What a SPOOKY way to celebrate Halloween; in a foreign land with REAL creepy crawling things all around you.

Well, to start off the week we emailed on Tuesday.  It has been awesome only having to wait 6 days to email home again. I got my Halloween package and it was LEGIT!!!! We had so much fun opening it and going through all of our Halloween treats. Thanks to all of my Missionary Moms, it was AWESOME! We took a lot of pictures and were able to decorate the church with the items for our Runinão Integração!  They really don’t celebrate Halloween here so we really used and had fun with that Missionary box; it worked perfectly!!!


Our Zone Leaders are very ambitious and are always coming up with new goals for us. Now we have been challenged to talk to 30 people every day. This really is awesome to go out and meet and talk with new people but it is also difficult because we still have appointments set up to teach lessons investigators we have already met. My companion and I decided we were going to hit it hard and we spent the entire day walking and talking to people. Now for all of you who haven’t served a mission, walking all day gets really boring and makes for a very SLOW day. But it is ok and we even found a couple of people to teach.
Wednesday we were walking in one of the Praças (Like huge round about) and I looked at Elder Torres and I see something moving slowly on my shoulder...again my companion’s face goes completely white. I quickly bat off the spider, but this time it was a baby TARANTULA.  CREEPY! I was a little freaked out!!! Haha
Every night we see a bunch of bats flying around so it really does like Halloween this week!!  I have to say, it is pretty cool!!!

We had an AWESOME baptism this week. Giliard had set his baptismal date in January but had a dream that changed everything!! He stopped smoking and drinking and had been clean for a few weeks and when he had that dream and decided he needed to be baptized now. I am so grateful for that! He is also going to serve a mission and will be an amazing missionary!!!
We finally were able to meet with a lady who is really interested in hearing more about the gospel! We contacted her for the first time a few weeks ago but we were finally able to set up an appointment and were able to teach her! She accepted it really well as well as her 11 year old daughter.  She was very excited and she wants us to come back.

I was able to bare my testimony to a less active man and his non-member wife. The spirit was so strong, it was awesome! She accepted our baptism invitation and we are excited and ready for her success.
Daniel is going to be baptized the 16th of this month. He is the one that I mentioned before that now that he has turned 16 his parents are allowing him to make his own decision about being baptized. That will be a great day for him. My Mission President told me that I am going to be transferred tomorrow so I am sad that I won’t be able to be there with Daniel but I am happy that he is able to make that decision and will now have the Gospel in his life.   

Well, that was our Halloween week here in Brazil. I love you all and wish I had more time to email. I am so grateful for all my emails, Keep them coming!!! I am also grateful for all the prayers and fasts and everything that I cannot see but that I feel every day. I love you all!!!

Love,

Elder Stilson
The things you do to get a free haircut!


No comments:

Post a Comment