Monday, May 26, 2014

Fall





HELLLLO!! Hey everyone, I hope you all are doing good. Well it’s another transfer and I am staying in Cariacica. There must be someone that I have yet to touch here. This area is a little rough but this week was pretty good. I have a funny story to share with you all but first off I have to give a HUGE Birthday shout out to the best little sister in the world, BRINNERS!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!:D And also to the best Grandma, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I can’t be there to celebrate it with you guys but I sure love you and next year I will be there to party!!!

This is an earlier pic but is shows a similar shower head!
 Well this week as been CHIILLY!!! haha its been in the 60’s or 70’s or something but to me this is COLD! Haha I am going to DIE when I get home!!! Actually it has been really good weather. It’s nice because it’s not blazin hot and it’s not freezing so I will count my blessings.  Ok so to my funny story. This week I was showering and I’m a little too tall for these Brazilian showers. As I go to rinse off, my head hits the shower head and somehow I end up getting stuck in between the shower wall and the shower head. Now normally this wouldn’t be a big deal but in Brazil they have these little electric heaters that attach to the shower head. Now I’m not sure what brilliant person decided to attach an electrical device in a shower but let me tell you it shocked the crap out of me and this isn’t the first time it’s happened!!! Wow that feeling really sucks!!! The only way I got out was because my legs finally gave out and I started to fall. Luckily I caught myself from falling completely. Ya, I thought you all would enjoy that story. It was pretty funny though.



























                                                                      This week we were able to serve one of the families we are teaching. I have such a great testimony of how service really helps with missionary work. A few weeks ago we met a lady named Marly. Sadly her husband passed away a little while ago and she had questions about what she needs to do in this life to be able to see her husband again and what else she needs to know about the world to come. We have been teaching her these past few weeks and have even gotten her family to participate as well. We were so excited that Marly and her 2 kids went to church yesterday.  Early in the week Marly told us that she needed to get some things moved into a dumpster to get ready for a new sidewalk.  Saturday morning we were able to go over and help her move a ton of broken concrete into the dumpster for her. We worked with her son who is awesome. It was amazing how that little act of service opened a door and now we have been able to teach the whole family.  We are going to do what we can to help them get baptized and hopefully the 2 kids on missions. It was great because if you help Brazilians they love to pay you back with tons of really good food. We had pizzas and Açai (ice cream) so many other things I can’t even think of them all.



We also found an amazing less active family that is awesome. The 16 year old son goes to church by himself but we are working with the rest of the family to see if we can get them to come back to church. They are a really cool family and I was super happy that we were able to get in contact with them.


But that is about it for the week, I can remember much else. We are working our hardest to get new people and that is our goal again this week. Please pray for the people in Cariacica and also that we might find new investigators to teach. I know I am here for a reason; I just need to find them. This work is true and I will try my best to serve the Lord my very best. If this area is just for me to learn things for myself then let it be! "Not my will but thine be done"



I know that my redeemer lives and loves me and will do what is best for me!!! I KNOW THIS! I know the power of the Atonement and the blessings from it! Our faith in Christ will save us if we use this Faith to bring forth works which is ESSENTIAL in our heavenly fathers plan!



Love you all!!!

Até segunda! 
Elder Stilson

No comments:

Post a Comment