Monday, June 16, 2014

It Just Makes Sense

Hey everyone, well this week we had to sit at home a few days. Why? Because we are in the country of FUTEBOL! Or as the Americans call it, SOCCER! No matter where you are at in this country there is always a game going and this year at this time we have the 2014 WORLD CUP!!! We were in our house and the entire country of Brazil shook whenever the Brazilian team made a goal. Ha ha it was pretty funny and amazing to see the excitement. The Brazilians told me that "Now you know what BRAZIL is!" Ha ha I have never seen a people so obsessed with something in my life!! Yes I am obsessed with Football but these people are nuts! J ha ha It has been awesome!! Brazil won their first game 4-1 against Croácia.

I want to take a second and tell my cousin, Elder Stilson, PARABÉNS!!! Happy birthday dude!!! Love you man!!! Keep up the good work!!!

We are teaching a little girl from a less active family named Maria Eduarda (or Duda). She is 8 and is turning 9 this week. We are going to have a big party for her at her baptism. She is the sweetest little girl, she reminds me of the other little girl Thaimiris that I baptized in Cobilândia. She has a huge heart and a huge desire to do the Will of God. Her family is amazing as well!! It has been great getting to know her mom Rose and Sister, Gabi. We are having a ward activity on Thursday and then we will have the baptism after with the whole ward there. We are really excited to have their support.

This week was difficult because like I mentioned we stayed home and I would have rather been out working but time is going by so fast.  It is nuts but it is good! This week we were able to mark 2 dates as well even with all the excitement and commotion with the World Cup.

The other lady we are teaching is Eliana. She is 23 and has 2 little kids. This family is awesome! She visited the church during Christmas time when she was pregnant and stopped coming because of some difficulties she was having but she loved what she was learning. She said "This church just makes sense!" She feels good and the teachings follow the bible, we have another testament of Jesus Christ and it just makes sense. That is why I am still a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It follows the teachings and the blessings that Christ gave when he walked on the earth 2 thousand years ago. We believe that God is the same yesterday today and forever! And the things that are being taught are just that! When she said this small statement I really thought about the church and everything that we have to be grateful for!!! It is amazing! J 


Well that is all that really happened this week. Unfortunately there really isn’t much more to share. Oh, we had our last conference with President Araújo. He has been a good President and helped the mission so much. I know that he was called of God and he has done what he needed to do here in the Brasil Vitória Mission! Both President and Sister Araújo served the Lord with all their might mind and strength.

I learned a lot this week because of the time that we had to sit in our house but I left my study journal at home so I will have to leave my message next week. I love the Lord and am trying to serve him the very best that I can.  I am a man but I can do something to make the world a better place! I love you all and challenge to give a referral to your missionaries.  Hark all ye nations and hear heaven voice when President Monson told us we are all missionaries and Elder Ballard said challenged to give at least1 referral every 6 months. Pray to know who is ready to hear the message, share your testimony with them, and have a family night where you invite them with the missionaries to your house without a commitment and start planting seeds. We need all the help we can get and there are only 85 thousand missionaries for over 7 billion people in the world. "Proclaim your faith! Let your faith SHOW!" (Elder Russell M Nelson)
Abraço!

Elder Stilson

No comments:

Post a Comment