Monday, January 26, 2015

We all need to be Missionaries


Hey everyone!! So this week a lot of things happened bun unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to write about it all.

Monday we went to a family home evening at Sabrina's and Daniel's house. These are amazing members who help the missionaries in everything. They are awesome! We went there with 4 investigators, Talita ( who was baptized yesterday) her mom, Elza, and her sister, Danielle. We also had Chrystyan there. We have Chrystyan marked with a date for this Saturday and Elza and Danielle for this Sunday. We were able to integrate the investigators and helped them all out. I can't tell you how much working with the members helps.
The people can see that there are NORMAL people living the gospel and not just weird missionaries!  MEMBERS OF THE CHURCH, PLEASE HELP THE MISSIONARIES!!! Give referrals! Have the courage to share your testimony of the restored church. We need to stop being selfish about keeping these blessings to ourselves. This is exaltation and we need to share these blessings so that everyone have the blessings of an eternal family.

D&C 18:11-18

11 For, behold, the Lord your Redeemer suffered death in the flesh; wherefore he suffered the pain of all men, that all men might repent and come unto him.

 12 And he hath risen again from the dead, that he might bring all men unto him, on conditions of repentance.

 13 And how great is his joy in
the soul that repenteth!

 14 Wherefore, you are called to cry repentance unto this people.

 15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!

 16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!

 17 Behold, you have my gospel before you, and my rock, and mysalvation.

 18 Ask the Father in my name in faith, believing that you shall receive, and you shall have the Holy Ghost, which manifesteth all things which are expedient unto the children of men.

The Lord has called each of us. President Ezra Taft Benson said:

“We are commanded by God to take this gospel to all the world. That is the cause that must unite us today. Only the gospel will save the world from the calamity of its own self-destruction. Only the gospel will unite men of all races and nationalities in peace. Only the gospel will bring joy, happiness, and salvation to the human family”

We need to help others come unto Christ! There are millions of people on the other side of the veil who are waiting anxiously for their  descendants to receive the message of the restored gospel. Many of you know missionaries in the field. Ask them what the best way to work in a mission is. They will all say member referrals. You have nothing to lose. If you think that you will lose your friendship you are wrong! Have the courage to do what is right. Help your brother. These people need our help. In Alma 29 Alma it talks about how our, and everyone's, fathers are waiting for these ordinances.

 For behold, the Lord doth grant unto all nations, of their own nation and tongue, to teach his word, yea, in wisdom, all that heseeth fit that they should have; therefore we see that the Lord doth counsel in wisdom, according to that which is just and true.

 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

 10 And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me.

 11 Yea, and I also remember the captivity of my fathers; for I surely do know that the Lord did deliver them out of bondage, and by this did establish his church; yea, the Lord God, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, did deliver them out of bondage.

 12 Yea, I have always remembered the captivity of my fathers; and that same God who delivered them out of the hands of the Egyptians did deliver them out of bondage.

 13 Yea, and that same God did establish his church among them; yea, and that same God hath called me by a holy calling, to preach the word unto this people, and hath given me much success, in the which my joy is full.
 

 
Everyone needs this. We have to help people get to the temple. It is so  important. The captivity of their fathers are those who are in the spirit prison waiting to get out of the spiritual torment. We need to love God in all things, For this is the great and first commandment. As we learned in the last conference that we must realize which way we need to face. Where is our trust? We have work to do! There are signs of the second coming in every country. He is coming and he will come in all of his glory. I love my Lord and the way I am showing my love in serving him. Bringing back my brothers and sister to him that way we can become sons and  daughters of the most high God. I love this work and I know that it is important. I love this gospel. Only the Book of Mormon and the Bible together can help us understand our purposes in an eternal prospective. Read the Book of Mormon, ponder in your hearts the message that it contains, and share your happiness with others. Jesus Is the Christ and he needs our help in this great work.

I love you all and hope that you have a great week!!! 

Love,


Elder Stilson

No comments:

Post a Comment