Monday, September 30, 2013

WHAT?!?!?



Bom dia! Well this week has been rough; the work is VERY slow in the area we are at right now. The one thing that I was really excited for when I got my call to Brazil was that I thought that all the people here were going to be very humble due to the Country’s circumstances. The Brazilian people are so amazing but some are a little prideful and it is very hard for them to change ESPECIALLY their religion. They are very content and don’t like to be told they are wrong. But it is ok, I still love them and will do anything I can to help spread the Gospel to anyone that will listen. We are working hard and finding new people to teach to so we are very excited about that!
Tuesday was transfers and Elder Torres and I are staying here in Jardim da Pehna for now. Like I said, the work is hard but we are moving forward. Elder Mitchell and Elder Conde were transferred. Elder Conde is now a Zone Leader for Serra and Elder Mitchell is a District Leader in Rio de Janeiro! We have one Zone at the top of Rio that is in our mission. I am way excited for them! They are awesome missionaries and I miss having them here.

Wednesday we visited with a lot of our new investigators and it was a pretty good day. I have learned that I do not like it when Brazilians make a tsk tsk sound and then they wiggle their finger at you like you are a little kid. I don’t particularly care for it but I guess that’s just one of those things you have to let roll off.  
Thursday was just an interesting day. I learned something that I really didn’t want to learn. So our house is having more sewage issues and I do not do well with smells at all!!! So I get Elder Torres so we can go talk to the owner again but before we leave Elder Torres asks me "Elder you aren’t flushing toilet paper are you??"
"Only the ones that that I wipe with!" I tell him.

Well…he goes on to explain that here in Brazil you wipe yourself, take the toilet paper and THROW IT IN THE TRASH CAN.... WHAT?!?!? Well I can tell you all right now that we are going to continue to have plumbing problems because I psychologically can NOT do that!! That is really messed up!

Friday we were able to visit with one of our investigators but we had to have a quick lesson because we had a wedding that we were invited to. The lesson went ok but then the wedding was awesome!!

Saturday was not good!!! Everyone we had set up appointments with fell through. It was a little frustrating because not only did we not get to meet with our investigators but we had walked so far! We walked from Maria Otiz to the neighborhood past Praia do Canto which is about 5 miles one way. But while walking we saw a man get off his Motor cycle and he was wearing a RUBBER SUIT.  It was really funny! After that Sister Regina made us cupcakes which were awesome!! She takes way good care of us!!

Last night while we were sleeping someone broke into our apartment AGAIN!!! It was pretty scary to think that they came in while we were sleeping. They took Elder Santos's suitcase and backpack and we don’t have an iron yet again. But, we truly were blessed that he didn’t come into our rooms and take other things or even worse, hurt us!! I love the lord and I am grateful for everything that he has taught me and the blessings that I have received from all of this!!

Well that was the extent of our exciting week! I cannot wait to have conference this week! I am so excited to hear the new instructions that the Prophet and Apostles will be giving us during these next sessions!!! Well I love you all and know that you are all in my prayers!!!

Love,
Elder Stilson

No comments:

Post a Comment