Monday, October 21, 2013

I Can Understand Him!



Brazilian Fruit
 WELL... where to start? This week one of the Elders, who lives with us, was really sick. Due to this, someone has had to stay with him at home while the other 2 Elders went to work. We did a lot of splits this week with his companion, so that he could get some lessons in as well.


Last Monday was really good! We went to a member’s home and learned how to make cake BRAZILIAN STYLE ;) We then ate it with Ice cream! It was legit! After that we had our Family Night at another member’s home. She is the only active member in her family but her kids sat in while we gave the lesson and also came to church this Sunday!

Tuesday we had our 3 month interview with our Mission President. We were supposed to start at 2:30 and just have a quick 30 min interview but he was late so we didn’t leave until about 7:30. So that was a really long day but it was good because we were able to talk to the President and I COULD UNDERSTAND HIM!!!! I was so happy!!!! Haha After that we went and visited a part member family and had a quick lesson with them! I think that the husband will be baptized here really soon!!!
Letters From Home
Wednesday we had RIBS!!! They weren’t Dad’s ribs but they were still RIBS!! After that we were supposed to work with a member who has a car. But she wasn’t home so our day was kinda blown. We went and saw a man who was baptized almost a month ago but he has yet to be confirmed. We heard about this man from an Elder who decided that because he wasn’t the Elder who baptized this member and he wasn’t his investigator that it isn’t his responsibility. So now Elder Torres and I are excited to work with him.  Anyway, while we were there (my little siblings will be happy to hear this) I ran into a nasty looking spider. It had a yellow back and it was a spider that not even my Brazilian companion has ever seen before! 

Strange Yellow Backed Spider
After that, we were waiting for a mango to fall and as I was talking to my companion I turn to look at him and his face had this look and he was pale white! He brings his arm back to smack me and I KNOW what the look on his face means now. I have no idea where the spider is, all I know is that it’s on me and so I do what anyone would do...
#1: TAKE OFF YOUR BAG BECAUSE IT COULD BE ON THE STRAP!

#2: HIT YOURSELF WITH YOUR BAG BECAUSE EVEN IF IT IS ON YOUR BAG YOU WILL STILL PROBABLY KILL IT!

#3: DANCE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET AND TRY TO GET SHAKE IT OFF!!!!!!!

Yeah, I had no clue that there were that many people were on the sidewalks though. I can only imagine what they are thinking when they saw me, this giant white man in a white shirt and tie dancing in the street... So now my siblings can stop praying that these things happen to me!!! ;);) WIFE POINTS!!!

Thursday we were able to help a member move a small fridge up to her room. 
  Friday was interesting. We had to take our sick Elder that is living with us to the doctors. On the way back we took a taxi. Well, we get in the car and notice that it is making a goofy sound and it's sputtering.  I look at the gas gauge and we are outta gas. Now instead of looking for a gas station which was right next to the hospital, he tries to make it back to Vitória... we were in Serra. ANOTHER CITY AND ANOTHER ZONE! So yeah, it’s pretty far. We ran out of gas on a one-way highway.... MORE WIFE POINTS AND FOOTBALL TRAINING!!!!! We pushed this car about an hour to the nearest gas station. Haha that was really fun though.

Well, I would like to end my email by sharing 2 Nephi 7:1. While in life we try our hardest as a natural man, sometimes we forget that we have someone who can help us. When things don’t go as we had planned sometimes we like to blame others and one of the choice people is the person who runs it all. In this scripture we learn that it is NOT Heavenly Father who has given up on us but us who has given up on him! We need to ALWAYS remember our Father in Heaven and thank him for all of our blessings! Heavenly Father wants to bless us but he can’t if we are away from him or don’t ask! I know that I have forgotten Him at times but he has always brought me back and has ALWAYS accepted me back! I know that He loves me. So come back to him! Thank him! Rely on Him! Trust in Him! HE WANTS TO BLESS US!

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

EU TE AMO!!!

AMOR,

ELDER STILSON

No comments:

Post a Comment