Monday, December 29, 2014

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

 

Hey everyone, this week was awesome. I gotta talk to the best people in the world!! I got to talk to Hermana Stilson! I am surprised at the change that has happened with her. I love you to death sis and I am excited to hear from you every week. It was great talking to my siblings and parents, Grandma and Grandpa and Nan and Bomp!!!! I love you all so much and thanks everyone for all of the amazing support that I receive from you all!! Hermana Stilson, you are such an amazing example to me! Thank you for all that you do and for the beautiful light that comes from your spirit.  Even if the smile was a little chubby;) hahaha I LOVE YOU SIS!!! This is a Hermana de Poder!!!

 
This week was a little slow because of people traveling or doing other things like drinking. So we had to go to members homes and luckily we have a few investigators who we are teaching in members homes so we were able to teach a little and get some things done. We are really excited for the people who we have getting ready for baptism. Ones name is Oseias. Oseias is the brother of a member in our ward. He has some problems in his life that he wants to change and he knows that it is only through our Savior that he can do this. He has a true desire to change and we are going to help him
with whatever we can. He is reading the Book of Mormon and is understanding what he needs to do. This week we gave him the book of Enos to read. This book tells about a man who had heard all of the words that his father had taught him and he knew that he could not be saved unless he changed his life and repented of his sins. He prayed nonstop for one day and when the night came he did not cease to send his voice into heaven. His repentance was real. He knew that this is what he needed to do before he died and NOW is the time for men to repent. I love this chapter that explains exactly what we need to do and the peace and comfort that comes after repentance. I know the blessings of repentance and hope that after the mission I can still stay a firm disciple of Jesus Christ. I love the saying which says "Be slow to sin but quick to repent!" As we use this in our lives we are blessed. I love you all and can't wait to talk to you next week. Enos Chapter 1:1-12



1 BEHOLD, it came to pass that I, Enos, knowing my father that he was a just man—for he taught me in his language, and also in the nurture and admonition of the Lord—and blessed be the name of my God for it—
2 And I will tell you of the wrestle which I had before God, before I received a remission of my sins.
3 Behold, I went to hunt beasts in the forests; and the words which I had often heard my father speak concerning eternal life, and the joy of the saints, sunk deep into my heart.
4 And my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto him; yea, and when the night came I did still raise my voice high that it reached the heavens.
5 And there came a voice unto me, saying: Enos, thy sins are forgiven thee, and thou shalt be blessed.
6 And I, Enos, knew that God could not lie; wherefore, my guilt was swept away.
7 And I said: Lord, how is it done?
8 And he said unto me: Because of thy faith in Christ, whom thou hast never before heard nor seen. And many years pass away before he shall manifest himself in the flesh; wherefore, go to, thy faith hath made thee whole.
9 Now, it came to pass that when I had heard these words I began to feel a desire for the welfare of my brethren, the Nephites; wherefore, I did pour out my whole soul unto God for them.
10 And while I was thus struggling in the spirit, behold, the voice of the Lord came into my mind again, saying: I will visit thy brethren according to their diligence in keeping my commandments. I have given unto them this land, and it is a holy land; and I curse it not save it be for the cause of iniquity; wherefore, I will visit thy brethren according as I have said; and their transgressions will I bring down with sorrow upon their own heads.
11 And after I, Enos, had heard these words, my faith began to be unshaken in the Lord; and I prayed unto him with many long strugglings for my brethren, the Lamanites.
12 And it came to pass that after I had prayed and labored with all diligence, the Lord said unto me: I will grant unto thee according to thy desires, because of thy faith.

Love,
Elder Stilson
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment