Monday, April 7, 2014

HOW FAST TIME FLIES!


 
Hello everyone, well the April Conference of 2014 marks my 1 year mark! (What an AMAZING conference it was!) I had a dream the other night that I was getting off the plane and just got home... IN the dream I thought "HOLY COW! That passed WAY too fast!  It seems like I fell asleep when I had a year left and now I am home!!"... I am pretty sure this next year is going to go by really fast. Haha That dream really hit me how fast time flies. I only have a little time left. Just as a member of the 70 taught this conference "We only have 4 mins!" There are 2 mins of my mission gone! I only have 2 more so now I’ve really got to make everything count!!! Time is really
just passing faster and faster!!! I cannot tell you how fast the days, weeks, months and transfers are. Something that I have also thought about is that this is life! After the mission there is just not time to waste!!! Just as all of the prophets have taught, especially Alma NOW is the time to have a remission of our sins! Something that I have been teaching people and have been living is that "One day there WON’T be a tomorrow!!" As hard as this is, we can’t continue putting things off for tomorrow. Now is the time. Now is the time to be Disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ! As important as this is for those who are investigating the church to figure out, so is it for those who have already made their convents. IT IS SO IMPORTANT!!!! Something that I have gained a testimony of here on the mission is that Christ LIVES! He loves us! He loves me and he loves you, even if we have fallen away from the straight and narrow path. The sons of Mosiah and Alma the younger have all fought against the church.
They had sinned horribly. They lead the souls of thousands to follow the Devil. They repented and they received a remission of their sins. This is a perfect example of the love our Heavenly Father has for us.  The Lord forgave them and he will forgive us as well as long as we act now and repent. This is a promise and I know it to be true! Do NOT procrastinate the day of your repentance. We have blessings waiting for us here on earth that each of us have seen so why yield to temptation?
Elder Stilson's 20th Birthday Celebration!
I am here serving  my mission because I KNOW the power of the Atonement is real! I still have a lot to learn but just as Enos knew helped him receive the remissions of HIS sins. I love my family and friends so much! Just as Ammon and my Nan, I cannot think about living in the eternities without my family and friends. You all mean too much to me. To know that one day we can all live together in the presence of God forever helps me with everything. I love you all so much and I hope that those, especially who have fallen away, or gone inactive can find the love that God has for each of His Children. I know of His love and that is why I am here serving, to show that anyone can use the AMAZING blessing of the atonement! I would challenge all of you to HEED to the words of Elder M. Russell Ballard and every three months talk to those you have already talked to about the restored gospel and then follow up with the missionaries! There is so much work to be done! It can be with those who are not members but also those who have gone away. If anyone needs a testimony, other than yours, of the restored gospel mine is here for anyone who will read. I know that my redeemer lives and loves me too!


For the update of the week, I don’t have much.

We have a little black kitten living with us. We needed a rat trap and she showed up just in time! Haha She showed up one day and doesn’t want to leave so she has been living in the back yard, free to leave at any time but not sure she will, taking care of all of the rodents.  She is pretty funny. We are just trying to find more people to teach. We have a few references which is Awesome and hopefully we can have a few more baptisms this week!:) Well, I sure Love all ya'll and love the emails and letters that I get. Thanks for everything!

Happy Birthday shout out to NAN who is just amazing! I love you soooooooooooooooo much! I am excited that next year we will be celebrating our birthdays together with homemade ice cream and cake!!!!!!:) Also to the Tater-tot-small-fry who will be turning the GIANT 11 years old this Thursday! Happy birthday DOOBIE!!!!! You are the best! Keep up the AWESOME work in all your sports and everything else that you are doing. LOVE YOU LITTLE MAN!!!!
Até Logo!!!!!! Aqui em sete dias!!!! Sempre Fique Firme!!!!

Elder Stilson!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment