Monday, September 15, 2014

I have not abandoned you!


Mom, I need to tell you something but don't freak out...
 
Hey everyone, first off..... WE NOW HAVE 2 ELDER STILSON'S in the mission field and our FIRST EVER SISTER STILSON!!!! My little sister was set apart to be a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints last night. I am so proud of her!!! I also heard that my little cousin Drayten was baptized on Saturday, Congrats little dude!!! I am so proud of you Dray, keep up the good work!!! Holy cow I didn't even know that he was turning 8. But what an amazing experience. So many things are happening at home right now. I am so proud of my amazing family!!!

This week was alright. I kind of freaked out my mom this morning but it is ok!;)
  • LAST email From Mom... "Hey have a great week and don't do anything stupid!!"
 
  • A few hours later... I ended up with 3 stitches in my head and it wasn't until after I got back from the Dr that I remembered that she had sent that... oops:/
So long story short, I did a pull up and the bar I was using came off. I knocked the back of my head on the cement that was behind me and split open my head. Yeah that was stupid but not my fault! Haha, it wasn't really funny. But everything is good now. I will take them out here on Wednesday, no biggy;)
The rest of the week was kind of slow. We did get in contact with the lady who has the referalls but the family hasn't had time so we are going to work hard to get in contact with them this week. We are excited to teach them. Tuesday Elder Thomas was transferred and Elder Bean came in.  He has been out for 14 months but just got his visa to Brasil. And he already speaks `Portuguese like a BOSS, The gift of tongues is real!!!!!!!
This week we also tried to get in contact with that family of 6 but they don't want to change their religion because the church is further away from their house. It is so frustrating and we don't know how else we can help them. We will keep working with them and try to get them back into the fold. We are just trying to help anyone who will open their door but that is very few. We are working really hard and trying to work with the members but it is hard! But this week I have done a few more fasts (which is easy when your money starts running out and you don't have a ton of food in the house hahaha, just kidding) and I was getting kind of bumbed out... We have tried to stay focused and positive but it has just been so frustrating.  My comp asked me what we were going to do on Saturday but he himself was getting frustrated because I had run out of ideas and he didn't have anything either. I explained to him that I had been fasting and I was lost and didn't know what else to do. The next day we walked over 5 miles just tracting. There was nothing. It is Saturday in Center where everything is just running around. I just kept praying to teach anyone! Then we sat for 5 
Elder & Herman Stilson
mins to just rest and figure out what we were going do next and I said a pray "Father I need help! I don't know what to do. PLEASE help us find someone to serve, or teach, or even just pray with. I NEED YOUR HELP!" After I said the prayer we started walking again and the first road we found an old man and helped him take a closet up to his house. We were able to sit and teach him and we ended with a prayer. It was everything that I had prayed for!!! Then the still small voice of the Holy Ghost whispered to me " I have not abandoned you" I know that the Lord knows what we want and what will be the best! I don't understand why we can't get people to church and don't have more people progressing but I know that if I keep doing what is right with a good attitude and trying to be the best that I can he will do what is best for me. I KNOW HE WILL!!! We just cannot jump off the boat when the storm comes as what the Lord taught in Mark 4 when he and the apostles were crossing the Sea of Galalee. I know that my redeemer lives!!!! I am so happy that the Lord has the trust in me to help people learn the gospel! This is something that I know and that Hermana Stilson will learn when she gets to Spain. I love you all and thank you for everything that you do!!! Keep a good attitude and serve the Lord the VERY BEST YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you all!!

Elder Stilson

No comments:

Post a Comment